Enhanced frozen food safety in addition to energy savings
Our customer is a global transport and logistics company, with a presence in over 100 countries. They have an objective of making all their shipments carbon-neutral by 2030. With over 140 offices, platforms, and warehouses in France, they chose to implement BeeBryte’s solution in their cold storage facilities in France and worldwide.
- 78,000 € annual savings
- 22% reduction HVAC electricity consumption
- 83 t less CO2 emissions per year
At this site, the refrigeration process is dependant on a chiller plant composed of two chillers, running all year round to keep stored goods within the acceptable temperature and humidity range, ensuring respect of the contractual engagements with their clients. BeeBryte was able to provide a solution to address different challenges the cold warehouse was facing:
- The chiller plant was known to not run at its optimal efficiency due to a manual and static management of the cooling units’ setpoints. Automatic and continuous optimisation was identified as an effective solution to improve the equipment’s energy efficiency and reduce the site’s electricity costs.
- The air temperature within the cold rooms could occasionally go outside of the narrow temperature constraints of +2°C to +4°C, inducing risk for the stored goods to be damaged, and disrespect of the contractual engagements with the clients.
- Escalating energy costs and a strong sustainability strategy led the company to seek for a reliable, easy-to-deploy and replicable solution to limit global energy costs on multiple sites
Before control started, BeeBryte’s algorithms built a thermal model of the site to identify correlations between weather, activity and energy consumption. The software then elaborates the optimal strategies and translates them into control orders that are continuously transmitted to the chillers.
By anticipating the site’s future consumption, chilled water temperature setpoints are adapted dynamically to maximise the efficiency and reduce the consumption of the chillers. Also, the repartition of load between the chillers is automatically adjusted to make the whole system as efficient as possible. The automatic and dynamic control allows for total adherence to temperature constraints in the cold rooms.
The quick deployment of minimal hardware and fast integration to existing equipment resulted in a quick installation and savings generation in less than 2 months. Today our automated & self-learning solution delivers about 22% energy cost savings while respecting stringent & varying operational conditions.
#refrigeration #coldstorage #energysavings #sustainability #warehousing #logistics